I have yet to meet anyone who enjoys writing a blurb.
I wonder whether most people put the task off because we know that blurbs are key marketing tools. Putting it off creates a sort of block, so that when you do manage to make a start, nothing flows.
One good way to prepare is to look at the blurbs other people have written. Not only will you see plenty of good ideas to inspire you, but you will also see ideas you don’t like. If something stops you from looking at a book, then you should avoid that in your own blurb.
There is no magic way to write a blurb, but here are some posts to give you some guidance:
- Writing a short book blurb.
- How to write an inviting cover blurb for your book.
- How to write an effective blurb for a self-published book.
- 5 elements of a book blurb.
- Writing blurbs for novels.
Visit my websites via the links at the top of this page.